Another fun challenge over at Awfully Big Art Adventure. This week it is transforming a tin. I used a Corned Beef tin (long story I won’t go into). I must admit nothing inside the can attracted me, not being a big meat eater. However, the shape of the tin and the fact that it comes with a nifty metal key on the side really caught my eye.
Still being in the altered doll mode, I proceeded to attach a Paper Whimsy face to an old gauge piece. I have been wanting to use some copper trimmed turquoise ribbon for some time now.
I used alcohol inks on the number gauge and the tin. I have been collecting old ball point pens for a while, perfect for arms and legs. I used some distressed copper mesh for the skirt. It’s so easy to work with, the pleats stay by just pinching it together (I attached it with brads on the sides).
My husband was a great help in using the dremel to put holes where my Cropadile would not reach (I haven’t gotten the long reach one….yet).
For Oliva’s hair I used a cut up part of a pot scrubber. It was my husband’s idea to make the Pippy Long Stocking up sweep hairdo (don’t you Love that). I tied the scouring pad on with pieces of copper wire and added some beads as a finishing touch. The little glass flower is from a colorful bunch I got a long time ago at a dollar store. Since the tin is open on top, I could actually put something in there….I’ll have to think on that.
I have lots of great ingredients collected and have had this type of altered doll in mind for some time now. Nothing like a challenge to get the juices flowing, not to mention encouragement from friends and the assistance of my manly muse *ggg*!