feeling a lot of Love in the land of blog
I have been bestowed some lovely awards of late, these two for the MeMe Award happen to be from a land far away and down under….a place I’ve only dreamed of visiting one day…Australia
Marit, from The Netherlands, this is for you too 😉
I must say again, the international connections here in the land of blog are really special….I figured out with my Love of travel, I actually do get to visit far off places whenever I desire, popping in on creative, sharing and fun people…how special is that!!!
people always come up with such clever and interesting tidbits about themselves…I found it a bit challenging 🙂
I am not one to play along with awards and tagging on line, but thought what the heck…so here goes…
1. I was born in Munich (München) in Southern Germany and come from German, Russian (maternal), Irish and Belgian (paternal) stock. I am very proud of my European heritage and just wish I had a nice foreign accent … I guess if I moved to another country I WOULD have an accent, altho I’d really have to polish my German or learn another language well.
2. I was told that I sing like Snow White….really! You can listen here. OK, it was by my then 6 year old son who would say “Mutti, sing like Snow White”. We had just seen the movie and I could not stop singing afterwards….which brings me to #3
3. I DID meet my Prince Charming not long after; alot like in Snow White’s song above. We had been friends, but one magical night at a dear friends party (Love you Carol), New Years Eve to be exact, we kissed and heard bells ring and the rest is history…..
4. I nursed (yes breastfed) two of our sons longer than some people might be comfortable with….it was one of the most fulfilling and important things I have done in my life….being joined at the………”hip” tee hee like that was beautiful and sweet …. my nickname is “earth mother”… just kidding 🙂
5. our youngest son was a planned birth at home, that too was a wonderful and special experience……
OK this talking about myself is challenging for certain!!!
still with me ?
6. When I was 19 I took a nine week trip visiting nine different European countries, all by myself by railway…Luxembourg, Belgium, France, Spain, Germany, Sweden, Denmark, Switzerland and Austria. Also one of the best and most memorable things I have ever ever done! Travel is near and dear to my heart. I’ve also been lucky enough to visit Russia, The Baltic States, Finland, Ireland, England, Italy, Canada, Venezuela along with states in the USA
7. I had very long hair for a lot of my lifetime, down to my knees at one point. In 2003 I had it all cut off and donated it to Locks of Love….it’s not been past my shoulders since
I will bend the rule about passing this along to seven people…please feel free to play along and leave a blog link and let us know some about you too 🙂
apologies if you’ve given me an award in the past and I didn’t officially play along….guess I just had a weak moment here heehee
blame it on one of my favorite aprons …. picked up at The Women’s Museum a couple of years ago…the tag says:
“Why be dirty when you can be flirty?”
and lastly…this lovely quote on a card from Lennie “The Quote Queen”
“To live is so startling it leaves little time for anything else.” ~Emily Dickinson
Update: I am entering this post for Ana’s Friday Archive Dive Theme of Favorite Photo May 2011